• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are the French Getting an MP for London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are the French Getting an MP for London?

Link

It is another step on the agenda to bring an end to the countries of Europe and replace them with a Europe of centrally-controlled, powerless regions. The regions of countries are planned to be broken up and grouped together with regions of other countries and controlled by the unelected dark suits of the Brussels dictatorship.

Goodbye nation states if enough do not wake up from their coma - and fast.

Last edited by pacharan; 7 June 2012, 08:56.

They're simply ensuring representation in the French parliament of French citizens who live outside France; nothing to do with the EU or any of that stuff that makes some people paranoid. Italy does something similar and Britain considered something similar until Tony B Liar discovered most expats are tories and then decided to take away the vote after 10 years of non-residence.

Move along, nothing to see here.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      They're simply ensuring representation in the French parliament of French citizens who live outside France; nothing to do with the EU or any of that stuff that makes some people paranoid. Italy does something similar and Britain considered something similar until Tony B Liar discovered most expats are tories and then decided to take away the vote after 10 years of non-residence.

Move along, nothing to see here.
      Mich, you are a dreadful apologist for the EU so please forgive me if your words fail to quell my fears.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        Mich, you are a dreadful apologist for the EU so please forgive me if your words fail to quell my fears.
        No I'm not, but that's besides the point; if I was, that would be an ad hominem argument, exposing you as someone who lacks skills of logical argument and critical thinking.

Just read the bloody article. Read the words, not the stuff you'd like to imagine is between the lines. This has NOTHING TO WITH THE EU, nothing to do with breaking up nation states, nothing to do with colonial style legislating in a foreign country, and is simply a means by which French citizens will get a say in French legislation which applies in France.

Oh, and why do we need to see David Icke's latest jigsaw puzzle?

Comment

I am with Mich here; nothing to see.

Seems the French are putting together a representative for people outside of France in Northern Europe. Seems fair as well really, given how many are there (here). There is already one in the French Senate.

Not really an EU issue, europhile, or otherwise.

Comment

In the same way I should have believed labour politicians telling us that the Lisbon Treaty was not the European Constitution and in no way a stepping stone to a federal Europe?

Seems quite clear to me that this has always been the plan and this current crisis, engineered or otherwise, will be seized upon by the Euro elite as the justification for the creation of their federal superstate.

Comment

In the same way I should have believed labour politicians telling us that the Lisbon Treaty was not the European Constitution and in no way a stepping stone to a federal Europe?

Seems quite clear to me that this has always been the plan and this current crisis, engineered or otherwise, will be seized upon by the Euro elite as the justification for the creation of their federal superstate.
              Have you been on the pop? It's akin to having an MP in Parliament voted in by ex pats, to represent their views. It's actually, if you think about it, anti federal.

Comment

In the same way I should have believed labour politicians telling us that the Lisbon Treaty was not the European Constitution and in no way a stepping stone to a federal Europe?.
                Completely unconnected, not related in any way whatsoever unless you happen to believe in a big conspiracy theory by the 7 billion people who live outside your tiny little world.

Comment

Firstly, Pach, did you even read the article? You're on about something completely different.

Secondly, I'm not sure if I'd be happy about this if I was a French person still living in France. Why should expats who don't live there (or presumably pay taxes there) anymore get to influence political decisions there. It reminds me a bit of Shur Sean sitting in Marbella telling everyone what Scotland should do. It doesn't concern them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Completely unconnected, not related in any way whatsoever unless you happen to believe in a big conspiracy theory by the 7 billion people who live outside your tiny little world.
                    Oh well, go and visit the site that hosts the image I've deep linked to.

It'll make you laugh.

Comment

Working...
                    X