• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moonlit Guerrilla Golf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonlit Guerrilla Golf

Couple of my out there mates from the pub have been playing nocturnal rounds of golf. Illegally.

The basic idea is to wait for a clear night with a full moon (not many of those recently) and drive off to one of the many golf courses and play a few holes in the moonlight.

I'be always declined the invitation as I thought it would jeopardize membership of my own club. And I'm glad that I did because now they've been caught.

The greenkeeper happened to have returned to the clubhouse to pick up some paperwork and caught them red handed. Or rather, his dog did. Found them shivering behind a tree in the stream that runs in front of the 16th.

They're now getting done for aggravated tresspass, or something.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It helps if your balls glow in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        It helps if your balls glow in the dark.
        Careful. That's the first thing the dog went for.

Comment

My mates dad used to belong to a golf club that did this. They would get pissed then play the back nine. They had bright orange balls and the wives used to run round with a torch. quite a good laugh. bit of a Fail to get caught for it though

Comment

A friends house used to back onto a field. Always empty. If we had an occassion for a few drinks, by the end of the evening, his golf clubs would be pulled out and we'd all go for the longest drive.

Used to destroy his fence and none of us were any good, and were drunk.

The other game would be to get into the field to find the balls, and dodge the incommings. Excellent fun aged 25 and drunk as a skunk. Not so fun when you're knocked out by one on the scone.

Comment

Illegal golf? I wish I led such a wacky life.

I dont understand why anyone is getting upset. What harm does it do?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                They weren't members of the club

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  It's well known that golf is a gateway sport that can lead to harder stuff like croquet and billiards.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                    They weren't members of the club

Comment

Working...
                    X