• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Leasing - Practicalities

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Leasing - Practicalities

Now I know this has been raised several times before and I am not coming from a company / accounting angle as per previous threads.

I am thinking of car leasing for personal use and wonder what people's experiences that have are in terms of practicalities, any pitfalls to look out for, good (or bad) companies to lease from (there seem to be a lot out there) or main dealer offers etc.

Any feedback appreciated.
    Last edited by kaiser78; 7 June 2012, 12:36.

We use a company in Derby for Short term high ileage leases, and they're excellent, if I am honest about it. Went through Avis before they raped me handing bakc one of their cars.

Contact Paul Stone at Coccoon vehicles in Derby (Pride Park).

Practicalities are they fix stuff immediately if soemthing goes wrong (disks went and were replaced same day). They have interesting cars if thats your bag, or nice cheap frugal cars if thats your bag. Fairly well priced too. He's not averse to discussions on rates too, once you know him. We've used them 3 times and found them the best of the bunch. PM me for any details if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Now I know this has been raised several times before and I am not coming from a company / accounting angle as per previous threads.

I am thinking of car leasing for personal use and wonder what people's experiences are that have in terms of practicalities, any pitfalls to look out for, good (or bad) companies to lease from (there seem to be a lot out there) or main dealer offers etc.

Any feedback appreciated.
      Don't link to and then click on the link to CAR LEASING CHEAP LEASE CARS SALES CAR LEASING CHEAP CONTRACT HIRE DEALS she'll come and visit again.

Truthfully the site is but the service is good.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Best rates I found :

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Don't link to and then click on the link to CAR LEASING CHEAP LEASE CARS SALES CAR LEASING CHEAP CONTRACT HIRE DEALS she'll come and visit again.

Truthfully the site is but the service is good.
          Haha that site is awesome. And a free chopper bike with every lease!

N00b question - when you lease a car like this is insurance & registration covered?
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
            Haha that site is awesome. And a free chopper bike with every lease!

N00b question - when you lease a car like this is insurance & registration covered?
            registration and road tax is, insurance isn't
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

take a look at this site to get a feel of the prices and cars you can get, its where i found my currernt car.

play a few dealers off and get a decent price

Car leasing | Contract hire | Van leasing

Comment

However you dress up car leasing it is buying from new on finance. Therefore you will cop for VAT, Depreciation and Interest charges. You will also contribute towards flattened out maintenance.

Personally I prefer to buy second hand with cash and let some other sucker cop for all the up front charges.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                X