• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English or British

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English or British

I just read Milliband has started to answer the English problem, that being most people from England now consider themselves English rather than British.

Considering how our local friends are properly, and rightly, proud of their background, is it wrong to feel English and not British?
    English
    45.65%
    Scottish
    10.87%
    Welsh
    10.87%
    British
    23.91%
    Northern Irish
    4.35%
    As AndyW's Mother
    4.35%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Old Hack; 7 June 2012, 13:46.

I am a citizen of the United Kingdom.

HTH

Comment

British.

Comment

Jedi Knight.

Comment

Confused why this poll is public and why it has an end-time.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Welsh.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
              Jedi Knight.
              That is a religion not a nationality
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

As per all the forms for joining the Army (20yrs ago...) you had to respond "British / English"... However, I'm English as I was born in England and there isnt a country called "Britain"
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Northern Irish
                  Last edited by SimonMac; 7 June 2012, 14:26. Reason: Thanks Spod for the correction
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

English for me. Never felt British, as I always felt we were getting a poor deal out of being British.

Always thought it weird if you prefered the St Georges Cross, you were somehow nationalistic, but if you preferred the saltire (etc), you were considered patriotic, or proud.

Comment

Working...
                    X