• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spotify

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotify

Any tips for a newbie? Just using the free version at the moment but will be upgrading to premium later
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Any tips for a newbie? Just using the free version at the moment but will be upgrading to premium later
    A fun way to waste some time is to pick a band you want to listen to and choose a track to play. In the top right of the band page you should see a list of related artists. Pick one you don't know, queue up the first track on the list it shows you. While thats playing pick another artist from the new related artists list for this band and queue it up, rinse and repeat until you get bored or you've wandered so far from where you started you don't actually like the music anymore.

It's a great way to find music you haven't heard before but you are likely to enjoy.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I used the free one for a while but the adverts got irritating. I stick to LastFM
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Any tips for a newbie?
        Use unique for that site and very strong password.

HTH

Comment

with premium account, if you have a sonos or squeezebox or modern network multimedia receiver (eg Onkyo), you can stream to your home music system.

Also with premium, can download to your phone, laptop, tablet and listen offline, and sync all the devices.

I like the popularity column as generally the better tracks are more popular so handy if you hear a track you like from an artist and want to hear more but want to avoid the dross.

And the best part is that with premium you can run spotify natively on linux. It was always a bit carp via wine.

Just a bit annoying that there is quite a bit of stuff not on Spotify - no Led Zep for instance. I can understand the big bands opting out because they can, but there is quite a lot of other stuff missing.
          Back at the coal face

Comment

Working...
          X