• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mandarin and poetry from age 9

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mandarin and poetry from age 9

wtf poetry.

BBC News - New national curriculum 'to make languages compulsory from seven'

Why not? It's a splendid idea IMO.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Why not? It's a splendid idea IMO.
      It's such a crime that you can't make your sentence rhyme.

Comment

Agree with Doodab. Foreign languages very important and, quite apart from the arty/feelings/etc side, poetry IMO is a tool in effective use of English language. They should cut crap like RE.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'd agree with this as long as it's not pointless languages like French and German that aren't used that widely. Mandarin and Spanish would be much more useful.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            I'd agree with this as long as it's not pointless languages like French and German that aren't used that widely. Mandarin and Spanish would be much more useful.
            German is actually a very useful language as it lets you work in Germany & Switzerland much more easily. More useful than Spanish IMO.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

German is actually a very useful language as it lets you work in Germany & Switzerland much more easily. More useful than Spanish IMO.
              Though German is little use if you want to work in Spain. Or Argentina, Chile, Uraguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Columbia, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexico, and of course that most Spanish speaking of countries: The United States.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Though German is little use if you want to work in Spain. Or Argentina, Chile, Uraguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Columbia, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexico, and of course that most Spanish speaking of countries: The United States.
                Exactly. So as I said German is a more useful language than Spanish for a British person as it will enable you work in Germany or Switzerland as opposed to lots of pisspot latin american countries. Spanish isn't actually much use if you want to work in Spain either, as is evidenced by the current 24% unemployment there.

Comment

I think they should teach coding from age 6, project management from age 9, get you in work from 12, IT director by 21, and retired from age 30.

Then spend the rest of your life (50 years?) in idle luxury living off your investments banging all the hot women and playing as much golf and video game(s) as you like..

Comment

They are as useful as each other.

Why? Once someone gets used to learning another language young picking up another one isn't hard.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X