• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone share their experiences in dealing with Xtra-IT as an agency?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone share their experiences in dealing with Xtra-IT as an agency?

Hi all.
    I'm interested in hearing about the experiences of fellow contractors when dealing with the agency Xtra-IT.
    For the avoidance of doubt, I'm referring to XTRA IT RESOURCES LTD

Has anyone had dealings with them recently? Any insight that you can share?
    Thanks,
    wat007.

Mod note: that's all the info that's needed for ID purposes.

Bear in mind their latest jobs are dated 29/6/2011 in Brazil and the fact they don't appear to have a single gig in the UK I wouldn't be falling over myself to get in touch with them TBH...

Company check also shows them having £1292 cash at bank as well. I have to say I have no idea how this comapres to other rectruitment agencies but with such a small amount I would certainly be doing some indepth research...
    Last edited by northernladuk; 11 June 2012, 15:40.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Company check also shows them having £1292 cash at bank as well. I have to say I have no idea how this comapres to other rectruitment agencies but with such a small amount I would certainly be doing some indepth research...
      Maybe they actually charge an appropriate amount for the work that agencies do and have about 1200 contracts on the go.
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

So now the real question

OK. So let's cut to the chase, if Mod will allow...
        Is anyone [else] having problems getting invoice payments out of Xtra-IT?
        They (Xtra-IT) have admitted 'problems' in their accounts department due to 'restructuring' and the 'departure of their Finance Director' and used these as excuses for late, later, and even later invoice payments over several months.
        Some payments have been several weeks late and some are outstanding after over 10 weeks.
        I'm starting to become concerned that I'll never see my money.
        Surely I can't be the only contractor experiencing this issue with Xtra?

Comment

I dont know anything about the agency. But I have been in the situation.

Bail out now. Dont send them any more timesheets. Let the client know, dont go into work if that what is needed to put pressure on.
          At the same time try to get the dosh out of the agency.

Its a horrible situation, one of the worst times in my life, thats for sure.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Bear in mind their latest jobs are dated 29/6/2011 in Brazil and the fact they don't appear to have a single gig in the UK I wouldn't be falling over myself to get in touch with them TBH...

the cash at the bank for an agency indicator is not really the main thing, after all they should be paying the majority of this out each month, plus its a snapshot of a single day - i would say assets against liabilities is much more useful

accounts were last filed though in May 11 - so seem to be late submitting the next set though.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I dont know anything about the agency. But I have been in the situation.

Bail out now. Dont send them any more timesheets. Let the client know, dont go into work if that what is needed to put pressure on.
              At the same time try to get the dosh out of the agency.

Its a horrible situation, one of the worst times in my life, thats for sure.

WEOS

I've only had this the once (whatever happened to Eurolink) and had the same excuses. Once I was told the entire accounts department were on a team building exercise in Malta. Managed to get my money out of them but only when I threatened to send my mum round to them as she lived close by.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                WEOS

Managed to get my money out of them but only when I threatened to send my mum round to them as she lived close by.
                Don't suppose she's available and lives in Hammersmith?
                ;-)
                Have set their client onto them (they have the influence) and have also initiated a claim for legal assistance through my Business Protection insurance. Let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by wat007 View Post
                  ;-)
                  Have set their client onto them (they have the influence) and have also initiated a claim for legal assistance through my Business Protection insurance. Let's see.
                  Look on the bright side.. at least now you will score well on the entity test...

Comment

Originally posted by wat007 View Post
                    ;-)
                    Unfortunately she is no longer with us.
                    But my big sister, she can be a real tartar if you get on the wrong side of her.
                    Hmm, could be a Plan B, "Big Sis Contractor Account Managment"

Comment

Working...
                    X