• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Smoking - Week 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Smoking - Week 3

Good heavens, doesn't time fly? I'm into my 3rd week of not smoking now

I had my first dream about smoking a day or two ago. In the dream I smoked a cigarette that someone had offered me, and afterwards berated myself as I'd 'forgotten' that I'd given up and only smoked it through out of habit. What a numpty!

I've been to the pub [where I did 90% of my smoking] many many times and not given into temptation, even when quite pished, although I did make a point of leaving early one night, around 12, as I felt my willpower wilting.

Weight-wise, I've only added a couple of pounds, although I think that's more down to increased beer intake over the last 3 weekends which have all been very boozy, including a 12 hour birthday (not mine) celebration session on Saturday.

I'm down to thinking about cigarettes about once an hour and have started wrinkling my nose when smoke wafts in my direction

Fingers still crossed that I don't bugger up this (so far successful) attempt to quit.

Keep going!!

Coffee's for closers

Comment

how much are they , these days ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Good work.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Good man, the smell really does get worse. If you break, you'll find it tastes somehow different anyway, then beat the tulip out of yourself for the next month or so for being so stoopid.

Carry on carrying on, you're doing really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Keep going!!
            Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Good work.
            Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            Good man, Carry on carrying on, you're doing really well.
            Cheers chaps! I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              how much are they , these days ?
              Seven and a half quid for not-tulipe ones, £8 in the pub, £9+ in motorway services

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Seven and a half quid for not-tulipe ones, £8 in the pub, £9+ in motorway services
                Enjoying life, priceless!

Congrats
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

If you've genuinely not smoked, or had nicotine in any form - you're as good as done !

Brilliant work, it was without a doubt the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    All for something that makes you stink, kills you and you are going to set fire to. I can't see an up side to smoking and wonder why I ever started. I gave up about 8 years ago and really don't think about cigs at all these days.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X