• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never let principles get in the way of a good deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never let principles get in the way of a good deal

Have you ever been one of the unfortunate people who have principles (I know we are contractors so we should have handed them in on our last day of permiedom) and what has it stopped you doing. Now I am honest in the fact I would sell my heritage for a good contract, however the best result was me backing someone up when they stuck to their principles!

When I was a permie the org was given two places at a 3 day conference in Orlando, Florida and I was third in line for the jolly, when booking flights etc it was joked that it would be cheaper to stay for 8 days rather than the 5 as most airplines punish you if you don't stay a Saturday, this meant that the two guys would miss a bank holiday Monday. Guy number two was not happy at not getting a day in lieu as he would be travelling back home on the bank holiday, which he classed as work. I did everything in my power to make sure he stood firm when he said he wouldn't go unless he got an extra day off, right up until I was packing and boarding the flight myself.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Lovely.

Did you meet Mickey Mouse?

Comment

Working...
    X