• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chalets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chalets

Does anyone here own a seaside chalet? I hear that sometimes they go for ridiculous prices -there's one in Southwold on the market for 70 grand - and that's just a glorified garden Shed that you can only use for 6 months of the year as the council move it into a carpark along with all the others to ptrotect them fom a north sea winter.

What exactly to you get to own? Surely not just the shed - what happens when it needs replacing? Perhaps it's some kind of lease & the council are responsible for the upkeep.

My interest was piqued as I was walking along the front at Lyme Regis the other day & saw all the families huddled together in their chalets sharing their packed lunches. It took me back years & made me want one too.

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Does anyone here own a seaside chalet? I hear that sometimes they go for ridiculous prices -there's one in Southwold on the market for 70 grand - and that's just a glorified garden Shed that you can only use for 6 months of the year as the council move it into a carpark along with all the others to ptrotect them fom a north sea winter.

What exactly to you get to own? Surely not just the shed - what happens when it needs replacing? Perhaps it's some kind of lease & the council are responsible for the upkeep.

My interest was piqued as I was walking along the front at Lyme Regis the other day & saw all the families huddled together in their chalets sharing their packed lunches. It took me back years & made me want one too.
    Technically, Chalets are only found in the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post

Seventy grand? That's a snip, down here they're a tad more expensive.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Seventy grand? That's a snip, down here they're a tad more expensive.
        Just along from Lyme Regis.

I blame that Hugh Fearndale Whittingstall

Comment

I think you need a shed expert. Anyone know one?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I think you need a shed expert. Anyone know one?
            There are a few here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-shedhead.html

Edit: Actually, ignore that. While the thread title is all about sheds, the content appears to be a load of bollocks.
            Last edited by wurzel; 11 June 2012, 14:46.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
              Just along from Lyme Regis.

I blame that Hugh Fearndale Whittingstall
              Possibly so in West Dorset, but things aren't a lot cheaper to the east.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

It's cheaper to rent, next to the nuddy beach too

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/serv...02011-2013.pdf
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  Possibly so in West Dorset, but things aren't a lot cheaper to the east.
                  You need to get in somewhere before it's on the map and the yuppies arrive. Not many of them left in the south west, Burnham On Sea perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    It's cheaper to rent, next to the nuddy beach too

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/serv...02011-2013.pdf
                    You wouldn't want to be anywhere near that particular nuddy beach. Not if the day on which I did a bit of research down there for a uni project was anything to go by.

Comment

Working...
                    X