• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leveson - when will it all end?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveson - when will it all end?

It's like Chinese water torture, on and on and on it goes. Every time I open a paper, evry time I go to the cafe to get a coffee it's there on the rolling new coverage.

I really couldn't care a jot. And I probably should but, quite frankly, I can't even remember the objective of this committee.

I do feel sorry for that murdered teenage girl's parents though. terrible that they were led to believe that she had answered her mobile when, in fact, it was because it was hacked by a NOW journalist.

I say call those responsible for that outrage to book and wind the whole damn thing up.

It's still not cost anywhere near as much as the "Saville Enquiry", that really was a gravy train!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      It's still not cost anywhere near as much as the "Saville Enquiry", that really was a gravy train!
      An after all that what did it fix?

Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
        It's like Chinese water torture, on and on and on it goes. Every time I open a paper, evry time I go to the cafe to get a coffee it's there on the rolling new coverage.

I really couldn't care a jot. And I probably should but, quite frankly, I can't even remember the objective of this committee.

I do feel sorry for that murdered teenage girl's parents though. terrible that they were led to believe that she had answered her mobile when, in fact, it was because it was hacked by a NOW journalist.

I say call those responsible for that outrage to book and wind the whole damn thing up.
        The media luvvies and politicians love it, with the latter in their Westminster bubble perhaps hoping it'll help distract the public from the current depression. Also, with politicians there's obviously an element of payback for their past subservience to the Murdoch empire.

In truth, practically everyone else, including myself, finds it all as mind-numbingly tedious and interminable as you.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          The media luvvies and politicians love it....
          Are you Arthur Brown?

Comment

Are you Arthur Brown?
            As in 'Crazy World Of...' ?

Comment

Agreed. The BBC and the Guardian seem to think the rest of us care.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
                Agreed. The BBC and the Guardian seem to think the rest of us care.
                maybe you should...

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                  maybe you should...
                  Maybe we should but these so called revelations about the M.O. of the gutter press along with the sway they hold over our politicians hardly comes as any surprise.

And the interminable faux indignation and hand wringing from the liberal media is just, as the OP states, excruciatingly tedious.

Comment

I do feel sorry for that murdered teenage girl's parents though. terrible that they were led to believe that she had answered her mobile when, in fact, it was because it was hacked by a NOW journalist. .
                    I have no idea what you are talking about. You see there's not caring a jot, but somehow knowing all about it. And there there is really not caring, and being totally oblivious.

Comment

Working...
                    X