• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm going out now, I may be some time...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going out now, I may be some time...

Since I'm off to the dentist for a root canal...

Ah, terror, thy name is dentistry...

Dentists
    tough on giant alien lizards
    tough on the causes of giant alien lizards
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You didnt go for the tungsten implants then
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I survived... next part is in August...
        Did the dentist survive too?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          Did the dentist survive too?
          Only out of the goodness of my heart...

Comment

I survived... next part is in August...
            Sounds fun.

I'm up for something similar in July, though in my case was given the option of root canal work (cost €1000) or implant (cost €1500). Went for the latter as it seemed a better long term treatment.

Takes a bl**dy long time to have it all done though. First bit was in April, next part July, then have to wait until round Sept before they can finally fit the damn thing.

Comment

, emm...thanks for sharing that zeitghost.

Comment

Did anyone see that programon BBC last night about dentists?

They had some poor sod who had loads of teeth removed prior to having dentures / implants. THen the local NHS trust pulled funding so the poor bloke was toothless and without a hope of getting his teeth replaced.

They interviewed his dentist who had around 200 patients part way through a treatment who have now had it ceesed.

There was a happy ending for the featured guy , his dentist agreed to finish the treatment for FREE.

So do all the other patients have to get someone to show their pligt on TV before their treatment is finished.
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Life's a beach
                  and then you get caught by the undertow.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It tends to concentrate my mind a little too...
                    One of the reasons I'm glad I was told it can all be done with just a local. Sort of makes me think that it can't be that risky if they don't need to use a general anaesthetic.

Joe in "I'm not deluding myself" mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X