• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this a joke?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a joke?

Why not be really original and stuff the whole opening ceremony? Just get Boris to walk on and say something vaguely funny followed by 'and now get on with it'.

London 2012 Olympics: Opening Ceremony to be a 'green and pleasant land', says Danny Boyle - Telegraph
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

"athletes parade on the 'M25' circular road. "

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "athletes parade on the 'M25' circular road. "

i would be interested to see how the Russians would project their "countryside"
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I have a really bad feeling about this.....

I think this might make us the laughing stock of the world for several years afterwards..

Comment

Originally posted by Mupps View Post
          I have a really bad feeling about this.....

I think this might make us the laughing stock of the world for several years afterwards..
          Yep!

Supplier charges client maximum cost to put on a show. Supplier spends minimum on materials, ( a bit of turf and some tress) gets volunteers and animals for free. Supplier makes maximum profit.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I reckon with Danny Boyle directing and Underworld providing the music it will actually be quite a good spectacle.

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

What a lot of bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                What a lot of bollocks.
                £27,000,000 worth of bollocks.

Bit of turf, the set from the Tellitubbies and a bunch of 'artistes' working for f-all.

The animals are on a one-way ticket. They'll in the burgers by morning.

Comment

This is as well:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Picture an idyllic English scene, families picnicing on a meadow etc etc... and then picture the scene in the pissing rain.

I'm going to have to watch it now, just so i know what everyone is laughing about (for years to come).

I hate Tony Blair. This was his last act of pissing in the well before leaving town.

Comment

Working...
                    X