• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great British Menu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great British Menu

Any of you foodies watching this?
    Anyone still arguing British food is crap?

What would be your favoured menus?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman

So what's this big menu? Sausage and mash?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman

Cod, chips, mushy peas
      Haddock, chips, mushy peas
      Pie, chips, curry

All with liberally buttered sliced white bread and a pot of tea.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        So what's this big menu? Sausage and mash?
        What an Italian who doesnt like sausage?

I see you have watched it then?

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

UK Grub

Stodgy pork pie, jellied eels.
          Good fish and chips wrapped in newspaper is great, but I have had better fish and chips outside the UK than in it.

There are so many cultural influences in the uk it would be difficult to define British food.

I think the problem is more that its not really a culture that celebrates good food.

Interesting article on supermarkets I read a while back reckon that all the crap produce is dumped in the UK as if its crap, people on the continent wont buy whereas us mugs here will.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Curry - a classic British nosebag.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think LG was refering to the programme on BBC2 hosted by Jenny Bond where a bunch of 'celeb' chefs cook up some masterpiece, and a bunch of poncy food critics vote on which menu is the best; with the end result being that the menu selected is used for some party or something for Her Maj.

With this is mind, the original question of "What would be your favoured menus?" does not (AFAIK) cover fish'n'chips, pie'n'chips or curry !!

Could be wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think LG was refering to the programme on BBC2 hosted by Jenny Bond where a bunch of 'celeb' chefs cook up some masterpiece, and a bunch of poncy food critics vote on which menu is the best; with the end result being that the menu selected is used for some party or something for Her Maj.

With this is mind, the original question of "What would be your favoured menus?" does not (AFAIK) cover fish'n'chips, pie'n'chips or curry !!

Could be wrong though
                You are correct, though curry does feature in a number of dishes.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

haven't watched the programme but you can't beat a good lamb roast... have a fantastic recipe that involves 2 bottles of wine... one to go over the lamb and one to go in me whilst it cooks very slowly for about 3 hours!
                  "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                    haven't watched the programme but you can't beat a good lamb roast... have a fantastic recipe that involves 2 bottles of wine... one to go over the lamb and one to go in me whilst it cooks very slowly for about 3 hours!
                    Could you re-phrase that please

Comment

Working...
                    X