• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England V Sweden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England V Sweden

Definitely think Hodgson should start with the same line up. And if we get a result he should stick with that team for the Ukraine game. Personally, I'd have Rooney on the bench for that one.

If Rooney is fit he should play, especially as he has hardly played since the end of the domestic season. The run around should sharpen him up ready for the quarters (assuming we get through)...

Comment

Depending on Fridays result, we may need to beat Ukraine. Playing Rooney would be ok but there may be a temptation to stick him up front on his own and if he misfires (which he always seems to do for England) we'll probably lose.

I guess he should pair well with Ashley Young though so maybe he could play in the hole behind him?

Comment

He needs a haircut.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

England 4 Sweden 2
          one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
            England 4 Sweden 2
            England 1 Sweden 1 (we rarely beat Sweden, especially in competative matches).
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
              England 1 Sweden 1 (we rarely beat Sweden, especially in competative matches).
              Stats will go out of the window.
              Sweden defence slow, old and very poor indeed.
              Sweden need win, so goals galore.

I predict a riot, the Russians are showing the way.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                Stats will go out of the window.
                Sweden defence slow, old and very poor indeed.
                Sweden need win, so goals galore.

I predict a riot, the Russians are showing the way.

They're looking good...and on the field...

Comment

They can only peak once, Roy knows this and will hold back certain players unless he absolutely has to use them.

I don't think we've seen the strongest team yet.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Young, Welbeck and Ox are all quick and that should trouble Sweden if they are as slow as they say. The other 'forward' is Milner, and I suspect part of the reason he plays is to cover Johnson. He covered more miles than anyone in the France game.

I can't see any reason why he'd change the other seven.

Comment

Working...
                    X