• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why europe is doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why europe is doomed

Why Europe Is Doomed To Decline - 13/06/2012

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury" -- anonymous

Absolutely true this - There is a constant stream of groups with their hands out and an opposition screaming about every cut that pushes all governments into a short term borrow and spend cycle to cling to power. Any attempt to avoid this and you just get bounced out for the mob who say they will keep the handouts coming.
    All the time while giving people the illusion of freedom.
    Maybe the chinese have the right idea after all....

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Why Europe Is Doomed To Decline - 13/06/2012

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury" -- anonymous

Absolutely true this - There is a constant stream of groups with their hands out and an opposition screaming about every cut that pushes all governments into a short term borrow and spend cycle to cling to power. Any attempt to avoid this and you just get bounced out for the mob who say they will keep the handouts coming.
    All the time while giving people the illusion of freedom.
    Maybe the chinese have the right idea after all....
    I think that is very true. Only when things become so bad did Thatcher get voted in. We were lucky Germany got Hitler.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The Chinese have been wise to change things very slowly.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

That's why we've got a good chance of getting Labour back in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Bring back the property qualification for voting.
          + half a sheep.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            + half a sheep.
            Not if it means letting the Welsh vote
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Not if it means letting the Welsh vote
              Or anyone else who votes Labour.

Comment

At the moment there is little democracy in Europe. Both Italy and Greece have German appointed overseers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  At the moment there is little democracy in Europe. Both Italy and Greece have German overseers again.
                  FTFY.

Seriously though, can anyone imagine countries in Europe ceeding powers of tax/spending to the Germans in the long-term?

Last edited by bless 'em all; 13 June 2012, 11:46. Reason: seriously too many seriouslys in my serios answer

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    FTFY.

Seriously though, can anyone imagine countries in Europe ceeding powers of tax/spending to the Germans in the long-term?

Even if the German electorate were willing to accept, I can't see the citizens of other European countries accepting.

Comment

Working...
                    X