• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Sun is dying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sun is dying

No not that thing we see in the sky 3 times a year, or that great newspaper much loved by Chavs, but this one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5035582.stm

I expect a fair few of the job losses will be in old Blighty?

Call me Mr Cynical but...

Bad news: Over the next 6 months week Sun are to loose 5000 jobs 'worldwide'. Oh No !!

Good news: In the following 6 months Sun create 5000 jobs in India. Hurrah !!
    Last edited by Matt2568; 1 June 2006, 10:10.

Comment

Good, the big yellow barstard.

Comment

That's because companies are fed-up with slowaris.

Windows. That's the way to go. Couple with .net enterprise solutions. Here you go.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Rather annoying though that windows XP won't run on the 8 way AMD rig.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Any 8 way AMD rig is going to be a server and XP is not a server OS.

Blimey Threaded, I thought you might have realised that.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

What's a server?

Threaded
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

So you're saying I can't run Quake on it either?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Look, if you want to run 8 cpu's on Windows on the cheap, get a copy of Windows 2000 Advanced Server off eBay. It supports 8 CPU's and you can play Quake on it if you wish.

HTH

Comment

8 cpu's.

children with their little toys, one day you'll all grow up and get a real computer to play with
                    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                    X