• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garage mayhem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage mayhem

Had the old garage demolished and a new concrete base put down 3 weeks ago ready for a prefab garage to be erected.

So they turn up today to build it and the base isn't oriented as it should be so we either put it up and it looks crap or we wait til they can put some more concrete down and get it done as is should have been in the first place.

So it another couple of week wait.

F'ing h3ll!!!!

Luckily I've been able to WFH so no money lost.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Had the old garage demolished and a new concrete base put down 3 weeks ago ready for a prefab garage to be erected.

So they turn up today to build it and the base isn't oriented as it should be so we either put it up and it looks crap or we wait til they can put some more concrete down and get it done as is should have been in the first place.

So it another couple of week wait.

F'ing h3ll!!!!

Luckily I've been able to WFH so no money lost.
    Prefab garages are crap. It's cheaper and better to use blocks and mortar.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Prefab garages are crap. It's cheaper and better to use blocks and mortar.
      WHS.

Plus someone could nick a prefeb.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

At least you've not had the f-ing around I've had with my neighbours at the back.

I made a garage 300mm higher than I had planning permission for, so I could construct a 2m room in the trusses, but neighbours thought the garage was having a flat roof, not a 15ft pitched roof and now blocks the light out to 3 semi detached houses behind.

Planning now full approved after a 6 months delay...

Comment

Ok now but our conservatory erection last year was a disaster. We used the builders they recommended to do the base and it took three months. Weeks would go by and nobody would turn up.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X