• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How bad is it in Greece + Domino Effect

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad is it in Greece + Domino Effect

U was watching ITV News yesterday (don't normally but just happened to be first thing that I switched on to) and it was talking about how bad things are in Greece. People are queuing up for free food there, they have no medicines for cancer or simpler diseases, suicide rate is getting worse by the day and people are selling off everything to buy food. This sounds like a 3rd world country to me not a European one which is part of the Eurozone.

Firstly, my sympathy is with those Greeks suffering (though not with the Greeks who caused this and are now suffering) for going through something which must be incredibly demoralising with little hope for the future.

Secondly is this situation going to spread? Firstly to Spain, Italy and then eventually on to us? It really is worrying times....

You should worry some more. It helps.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Its going to get ALOT worse before it gets better.

Comment

It's a tragedy.

Comment

It's a catastrophe.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            U was watching ITV News yesterday (don't normally but just happened to be first thing that I switched on to) and it was talking about how bad things are in Greece. People are queuing up for free food there, they have no medicines for cancer or simpler diseases, suicide rate is getting worse by the day and people are selling off everything to buy food. This sounds like a 3rd world country to me not a European one which is part of the Eurozone.

Firstly, my sympathy is with those Greeks suffering (though not with the Greeks who caused this and are now suffering) for going through something which must be incredibly demoralising with little hope for the future.

Secondly is this situation going to spread? Firstly to Spain, Italy and then eventually on to us? It really is worrying times....
            Its already happening in Spain, but Portugal is faring better.

It will not happen here, as we have the ability to print the money our welfare state may need. A few people may need to stop smoking, drinking beer and watching Jeremy Kyle on their sky boxes, but they should have been stopped from doing that years ago....

Comment

doom!

Comment

When this all blows over can we go back to 70's style cheap as chips holidays in the Aegean?

I haven't had retsina for a long while.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  A few people may need to stop smoking, drinking beer and watching Jeremy Kyle on their sky boxes, but they should have been stopped from doing that years ago....
                  yes. sassy should have been stopped years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    When this all blows over can we go back to 70's style cheap as chips holidays in the Aegean?
                    Yep, but nobody will be able to afford chips, so nobody will be able to afford those holidays.

Comment

Working...
                    X