• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My second monitor is broken - Are My Human Rights Violated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My second monitor is broken - Are My Human Rights Violated

Seems to be channeling a Winne Mandela dress at the moment.

WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS I ask.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Happened to me a few months ago... literally felt as if a limb had been surgically removed from my body.

Finally got around to having a look at it and took the monitor through to the dinning table, set it down and plugged it in.
    It switched on instantly.
    Must have been a lose power cable as it's been fine ever since
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

If its Sony and its still under warranty then they will claim that you caused it by physical damage even if it just sat there well looked after and you didn't do what they claim. Sony/Teleplan in Colchester uk are rubbish and blame you and charge you even when the item is under warranty.

But given that its a monitor it probably won't be Sony, I hear that Dell are quite good for getting their stuff replaced under warranty which has failed.

Comment

It's an old dell 2001fp, good for its time but thinking about upgrading anyway.

Considered going for 3 of them and buying a second hand one from ebay but might just head off into new monitors land and give the surviving one to the pegs.

Comment

Working...
        X