• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Are You Finding The Contract Market At The Moment In London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Are You Finding The Contract Market At The Moment In London

Just wondering what others are seeing in the London Java / C sharp contract market

From speaking with colleagues banks are doing very badly and there seems to be a glut of contractors

Is it all doom and gloom?

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    Just wondering what others are seeing in the London Java / C sharp contract market

From speaking with colleagues banks are doing very badly and there seems to be a glut of contractors

Is it all doom and gloom?
    All good for me.
    HTH

one day at a time

Comment

There is a looming Euro debt crisis, UK is in recession, we could be about to be dropped into a severe depression and economic collapse. Given all that how do you think the market is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        There is a looming Euro debt crisis, UK is in recession, we could be about to be dropped into a severe depression and economic collapse. Given all that how do you think the market is doing?

I take the view that people are still willing to pay a good amount for skills that you average punter on the street does not have and will never be capable of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I take the view that people are still willing to pay a good amount for skills that you average punter on the street does not have and will never be capable of doing.
          True, but companies will be less willing to start new projects and will squeeze more out of permies, before splashing out on a contractor, simple economics.

Comment

ClientCo had the option of hiring 5 offshore bobs or me, they hired me. Nightmare roll to be honest, never a quiet day but ClientCo are getting the job done.

Had a chat with a manger in clientCo who estimates offshore bobs to be 20% efficent compared to onshore resources. Spends an hour every morning telling them what to do.

Comment

And you wonder why rate cuts are going on

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                manger in clientCo who estimates offshore bobs to be 20% efficent compared to onshore resources.
                That 20% figure was what the Test Manager @ my clientCo came up with as well. There must be something in it.

Comment

Working...
                X