• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Torch - Anyone seen it pass by yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Torch - Anyone seen it pass by yet?

Comes to us on Saturday, and as it's 200m aways and the estate will be blocked off, I will be wandering down for a nosey.

(plus it's the lads 16th birthday so i may take him to the pub to make him watch me drink a pint!!)
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

The torch relay is a relic of the 1936 Olympics and is, if anything, Nazi paraphernalia at worst, and at best a bloody waste of time and money. Cut the crap and get on with the games.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      ... Nazi paraphernalia at worst, and at best a bloody waste of time and money...
      Sounds perfect for Rochdale then!

Comment

Nope. It’s passing through town tomorrow…

one day at a time

Comment

It went past our front door a couple of weeks ago. Made me laugh that the street cleaning mini-lorry went up and down the road four times. Could it be that they were on double time for Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            Comes to us on Saturday, and as it's 200m aways and the estate will be blocked off, I will be wandering down for a nosey.

(plus it's the lads 16th birthday so i may take him to the pub to make him watch me drink a pint!!)
            No drinking! You are supposed to be in training.......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              No drinking! You are supposed to be in training.......
              Could explain why i nearly died this morning... Too much wine and whisky this weekend! nearly a session...

Comment

Could explain why i nearly died this morning... Too much wine and whisky this weekend! nearly a session...
                You are supposed to be training to make you body a temple. Not training for the annual cuk sot award.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  You are supposed to be training to make you body a temple. Not training for the annual cuk sot award.
                  House purchase completes 29/06, house warming 05/07, holiday 21/07... After that, no more drinking... I promise boss!!

Comment

House purchase completes 29/06, house warming 05/07, holiday 21/07... After that, no more drinking... I promise boss!!
                    There is always some reason to drink!

I have only had 3 drinks in last 18 months - once when I could not reach the bar and was offered a bottle. And 2 tastings(a sip each time). Though oddly I might drink this Friday. A friend was stopped by police for no reason and beaten up. Just found guilty of trumped up charges. If he gets a suspended sentence Thursday I will have a sip of champagne Friday night to celebrate.

More likely I will be visiting him in prison....

Comment

Working...
                    X