• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London or Bejing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London or Bejing?

Can someone tell me why it was WRONG for China to do the following things, whilst hosting the olympics; and it's ok for Britain to?

1. Doing up all the area to look much nicer than the real bejing.
    2. Banning demonstations and effectively gagging its populace for the event.

London 2012 Olympics: Leyton High Road gets new look that's more Notting Hill than EastEnders | Mail Online

Olympic crackdown: UK govt targets protests — RT

Are we throwing them in prison and concentration camps to keep them off the streets?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      Can someone tell me why it was WRONG for China to do the following things, whilst hosting the olympics; and it's ok for Britain to?
      Because Britain is a shining example of democracy where as China is run by a dirty totalitarian regime which has no regard for human rights.

HTH

Comment

In China their workers took part in the Olympics under pain of death.

In the UK our workers threaten to go on strike unless they get more money.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I don't think we've got the room in prisons.

Comment

No.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              In the UK our workers threaten to go on strike unless they get more money.
              No, I think our people go on strike unless they don't see REDUCTIONS in their pensions / salaries.

For someone who openly states that you blag through your working life, I find it hard to see the humour in trying to scapegoat the public sector workers who get shafted who are already on nothing (E.G Teachers)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                No.
                pwweeease?

Comment

No, I think our people go on strike unless they don't see REDUCTIONS in their pensions / salaries.

For someone who openly states that you blag through your working life, I find it hard to see the humour in trying to scapegoat the public sector workers who get shafted who are already on nothing (E.G Teachers)
                  Aaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd **** you!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

pwweeease?
                    I can't explan it. I think it would be quite 'cool' if Britain were to do a sort of 'honest Olympics'; no poncey opening ceremonies, this is London, warts and all, people live here, some of them smell, some of them don't, some live in nice houses, others live in tulipty council flats, a few live in cardboard boxes and some of them have something to protest about; now get on with the games. That's reality and I'm afraid the whole Olympics is becoming a big fantasy feast that leaves many of the cities it visits with stinking hangovers.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X