• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

capital purchase on flat rate VAT - invoice in company name?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

capital purchase on flat rate VAT - invoice in company name?

Quick question,

I'm about to buy some IT equipment for my company that will total more than #2k on a single invoice. A friend can get a discount from the supplier, but only if the equipment is billed to her.

If she is invoiced and passes me a copy of the VAT invoice, and I reimburse her in full from the company account, would this meet the criteria for recovering VAT under the capital purchase rules of flat rate scheme? If not how would this be different to if I bought the goods on my personal credit card and was reimbursed by the company?

Thanks

The invoice should bear the company name so that your company can prove the equipment belongs to the company. Paying for it is a separate issue.

If your friend is purchasing the equipment from the supplier, she could then sell it to you as a separate transaction (assuming she is a VAT registered business too). This link might be useful which details what a valid VAT invoice is HM Revenue & Customs: VAT invoices: what they must show

Comment

Working...
    X