• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another NHS moan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another NHS moan

My youngest daughter has been reffered to a consultant at the local hospital by our GP.

Yesterday I found out that funding for the paediatrician(?sp) has been stopped, apparently they have reached their budget for the year.

WTF 2 months in and all the money is gone

thanks el D
    Last edited by MrsGoof; 1 June 2006, 12:16.
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

the

how on earth did you get an (i) in there?

its alllllllll the way over at the other end of the keyboard?!

PS
    are you really female - MrsGoof?

Comment

Maybe it was their!

Comment

Last autumn I needed a podiatrist - essentially to tailor-make shoe inserts for flat feet. I was told the budget for podiatrists had already dried up and the departments had all closed in Luton and Stoke Mandeville.

My doctor, being a pushy welshman, somehow got me referred me to prosthetics instead, and they did it.

Comment

Plenty of budget for ethnically diverse paraplegics with sexual dysfunction problems.

All helps towards a "fairer" more inclusive society.

Comment

Gee heres a thought, why dont they move all the money they are wasting on management consultants over to actually making people better!

I know, its only fair!

Mailman

Comment

The NHS is simply cr@p with waste, inefficient and bad management rife. On my last contract I saw at first hand the shambolic way they record (or don't) their data. Basically if they were to offer half decent rates then maybe they wouldn't have the effing clowns which they currenly have. I had an agent on today who said 'well it's the NHS you see' as if that was in some way supposed to make me more keen to accept the bolloxs rate on offer.

On my last contract we had trusts who had spent millions but couldn't tell us what they got fo their cash.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X