• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant Charges

Is it fare to charge 300£+VAT for Visa documents (ex:accounts,reference letter,payslips etc) from accountancy firm which manages my LTD company?

Any recommendation to above job done for less than 300£+VAT

Originally posted by tier9999 View Post
    Is it fare to charge 300£+VAT for Visa documents (ex:accounts,reference letter,payslips etc) from accountancy firm which manages my LTD company?

Any recommendation to above job done for less than 300£+VAT
    To me, this seems excessive. If you can provide payslips, dividend vouchers and personal bank statements then all is needed is a letter from them,
    Many accountants will provide this free of charge.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Its time to change your accountant. Producing Payslips, Dividend Vouchers is their job. Most of accountants issue a Reference letter free of cost.

Comment

To be fair, there are a few unknowns with this question. If your accountant holds up to date financial information for your company, then producing what you require should not take too much out of their day. The bulk of the work will be getting up to date earnings figures for your letter, and preparing a set of management accounts for the period you require.

However, if your accountant has no current financial information, and must collect it all and then process it, then I can see why a separate charge might be levied. To be charged £300 for the information, I would expect that you fall into the latter category. If you don't, then I agree with Sally - it sounds a bit excessive.
        2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
        2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
        || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Greg@CapitalCity View Post
          To be fair, there are a few unknowns with this question. If your accountant holds up to date financial information for your company, then producing what you require should not take too much out of their day. The bulk of the work will be getting up to date earnings figures for your letter, and preparing a set of management accounts for the period you require.

However, if your accountant has no current financial information, and must collect it all and then process it, then I can see why a separate charge might be levied. To be charged £300 for the information, I would expect that you fall into the latter category. If you don't, then I agree with Sally - it sounds a bit excessive.

I agree with the above if the information has already been prepared and it is the case of a simple reference letter and attaching the information i would expect most accountants to this free of charge.

I do however think £300 as a charge is excessive even if no financial information has been prepared.

Most contractor accountants prepare monthly or quarterly dividend calculations, payslips and other financial information so it should be to hand.

Comment

They have all financial information and nothing to do. They need to take printout of all docs,reference letter and sign it and send across. They charge monthly 130£+Vat for LTD accounting. Upon that to get documents for Visa 300£+VAT. Completely rip off.

Need to move out of them ASAP

Comment

Working...
            X