• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No interview call

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No interview call

Hi,

It’s been 5 weeks since I have been looking for new contract role in testing area (Test Analyst/Lead - Banking domain). This was after I finished my first 6 month contract with a Tier1 bank. I understand market is very slow and everyone is circumspect. However, I see every week (last three) my CV is being submitted to 3-4 financial clients but no one comes back with status or feedback, I do follow up with them for 4-5 days and later give up. Wherever my CV was submitted I was a very good match. They way agencies have presented the role, they appeared always genuine. I can't imagine, my CV not being shortlisted in any role.

What are your views?

Many thanks,
    rdglad

Take a holiday.

HTH

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by rdglad View Post
      Hi,

It’s been 5 weeks since I have been looking for new contract role in testing area (Test Analyst/Lead - Banking domain). This was after I finished my first 6 month contract with a Tier1 bank. I understand market is very slow and everyone is circumspect. However, I see every week (last three) my CV is being submitted to 3-4 financial clients but no one comes back with status or feedback, I do follow up with them for 4-5 days and later give up. Wherever my CV was submitted I was a very good match. They way agencies have presented the role, they appeared always genuine. I can't imagine, my CV not being shortlisted in any role.

What are your views?

Many thanks,
      rdglad
      1, The testing market is pants right now
      2, What testing jobs there are, are being taken by contractors accepting rates below what agents say are the max the client will pay
      3, Bit presumptious (imo) for you to say you 'cant imagine' your cv is not being shortlisted for 'any' role. If you are wanting top dollar, you have to accept account managers \ client could filter you out.
      4, It happens in contracting that sometimes you have a lean spell.
      5, Keep applying.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Have you had your CV reviewed to check correct format, content type ? If you ask nicely, some knowledgeable posters on here may take a look for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Have you had your CV reviewed to check correct format, content type ? If you ask nicely, some knowledgeable posters on here may take a look for you.
          Can you suggest who can review - I would like someone to check mine

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
            Can you suggest who can review - I would like someone to check mine

Thanks
            Not sure you will find many people who can help you with that. You might pull some human rights directive if you don't like the feedback or feel it is too negative.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi,

What are your views?

Many thanks,
              rdglad

There's at least a dozen grammatical errors in your post. If your CV arrived on my desk looking like that I'd bin it straight away. That's my advice; it might seem harsh but let's not pussyfoot around here.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Not sure you will find many people who can help you with that. You might pull some human rights directive if you don't like the feedback or feel it is too negative.
                It's been done before or at least offered on posts in days gone by I recall. May have changed now - health and safety and all that...

Comment

You already know the conclusions:

Either you are asking for too much money or you are not as attractive as the competition. There are fewer and fewer available roles so clients can pick and choose exactly who they want.

Either lower your rate to try to undercut other companies or do some training to make your cv more attractive ... or just wait it out.

As for a cv review, consider that my cv seems to get a lot of responses so I think I have it structured quite well (took a lot of effort, I spent quite a bit of time on it) ... I am sure as hell not going to share that knowledge with my competition for nothing!!!
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Hi,

What are your views?

Many thanks,
                    rdglad
                    Just because your CV got you your first contract, does not mean it's a good CV.

Also have you been asked to extend?

HTH
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X