• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should assisted dying be legal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should assisted dying be legal?

BBC News - Assisted dying debate: Tony Nicklinson in his own words

Seen this guy on the press, plus his twitter feed was quite interesting. Those who are anti are telling him to hang on in there. He's paralysed from the neck down & has no life.

When the brain is fully working it's a nightmare scenario.

I'd want the option to choose.
    No - All life is sacred and it will be misused
    10.53%
    Yes - You should be able to die in dignity and be helped free of prosecution
    81.58%
    AndyW should look after you for life.
    7.89%
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 19 June 2012, 07:19.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Only for CUK, and if I get to decide who is assisted (whether they like it or not)

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Only for CUK, and if I get to decide who is assisted (whether they like it or not)
      And inadvertantly Russell has hit the nail on the head in this debate, Who wants to make the decision on who lives and who dies

I think if its all automated with no intervention from any other person then fine but were assistance is required thats were there is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        And inadvertantly Russell has hit the nail on the head in this debate, Who wants to make the decision on who lives and who dies

I think if its all automated with no intervention from any other person then fine but were assistance is required thats were there is a problem.
        Err yes that's what I meant.

Comment

Since when has automation required no human intervention?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Since the rise of the machines.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Exactly and there is the problem, when i say automation i mean so the person who wants to die can push the button, then its their decision if it requires someone else to press the button then its a problem

Clearly the gentleman in question cannot push the button, what is required is thought transference then it will be his desicion and no one elses so until they come up with that system its always going to be an issue

Comment

Deathmatch with Stephen Hawkins?!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a plot for a US series, about a man who provides assisted suicide for money. In the same vein as Breaking Bad.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

How so? Have you had to sit at the bedside of someone you love, watching them slowly starve to death because thats the only way the hospital can honour their own wishes? If you had you would understand that under the system today people are being left in disgraceful pain just because a vocal minority don't have the balls to handle death with the dignity it deserves. hiding behind the point that someone might feel pressured to go early is just crap.

And anyone that says palliative care works I would like to offer them the chance to lay in a bed whacked up with morphine to a point that they cannot scratch their own nose or drink water without help. and have their food withdrawn for a week...

Comment

Working...
                    X