• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA news ... from the PCAdvisor mag!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKA news ... from the PCAdvisor mag!

Page 113 in article dedicated to Distributed Computing - first talks about SETI@home, then SKA and then little bit more about others

Sadly no online version of the article available
    Last edited by AtW; 2 June 2006, 12:08.

Scan it in and stick it on your webtulipe then

Comment

I just emailed them to ask for permission, think it might be done anyway, but I want to be nice to good people from PCAdvisor, but here is something to stimulate your taste buds, article is called

"Many idle PCs make light work: Tanya Combrinck looks at how distributed computing can enable your PC to fight deseaces, compete with Google and even look for alient" (emphasis is mine - AtW)

Comment

Nice one Alex

still a shame that "Test Please Delete" results don't report the important one on the 1st page.
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Page 113 in article dedicated to Distributed Computing - first talks about SETI@home, then SKA and then little bit more about others

Sadly no online version of the article available
          Your future, AtW.

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilber...-20060516.html
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Nice one Franko

MrsGoof: big relevancy improves will happen this summer, I am almost done with other things that were necessary to be completed, stay tuned for more SKA updates in near future!

Comment

That does it. If you are going to bore us all with reviews of your software, so will I. Reviews in the Guardian of my Animals UK and Plants UK a few weeks back.

Brilliant software
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Woah, good job xoggoth, congrats!

Now that you know about these things - there are ants in the kitchen in new place where I now live, any suggestions on how to deal with them?

Comment

You should know there is only one way to deal with little creatures. Provide them with somewhere better and ask if they would mind awfully moving on. If I hear of people squashing ants I go round and steal their mother's corpse.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Well, what better than my sugar jar can I possibly offer?

Comment

Working...
                    X