• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracts

Read a bit on here and in the Contracts forum about people's contracts on how they are worded and all the difficulties. Well I just signed my fourth extension and the contract gets easier and easier. This one just states it starts 1.7.2012 and ends 31.12.2012. No mention of how many hours per day, how many days per week or whatever, just that the contract value is so many Euros so I can't earn more than that, nice and easy.

(There is actually an original contract which is a bit longer but not much and the only big difference is the one weeks notice for each party and payment terms. Most of mine seem to be like that.)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Banana time?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Read a bit on here and in the Contracts forum about people's contracts on how they are worded and all the difficulties. Well I just signed my fourth extension and the contract gets easier and easier. This one just states it starts 1.7.2012 and ends 31.12.2012. No mention of how many hours per day, how many days per week or whatever, just that the contract value is so many Euros so I can't earn more than that, nice and easy.

(There is actually an original contract which is a bit longer but not much and the only big difference is the one weeks notice for each party and payment terms. Most of mine seem to be like that.)
      Is it in Belgium by any chance? My previous contract was like that

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

But as you have pointed out previously alot of the issues and wording that make it difficult for us here in the UK don't apply to your contracts i.e IR35 and the like.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          But as you have pointed out previously alot of the issues and wording that make it difficult for us here in the UK don't apply to your contracts i.e IR35 and the like.
          Correct but there are various points in contracts here which are similar and especially in how you work, one client or more, etc. It used to be here that you had to sign an indemnifier if your contract went past 6 months as under German law if you worked at a company for more than 6 months you could be construed as being a permanent member of staff. Some idiot contractors tried to use that to get holiday pay, sickness pay, sueing the company for unfair dismissal when the contract ended, etc. which is why they have a lot of checks built in, especially the tax office.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X