• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile Data Networks - Blackberry vs the rest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Data Networks - Blackberry vs the rest

Seeing NW2P's Blackberry thread has reminded me of a question I've been wanting to ask.

I had several BB Pearls and got pretty good GPRS service wherever I was.

I now have a smartphone which connects to 3G, edge, hspa all manner of networks. Problem is, I only ever get a decent service when I'm in/near an urban area. Out in the sticks (where it normally connects via GPRS) it's absolutely hopeless. So slow as to be non existent, in fact.

I never had this issue with my Blackberry - it worked wherever I was.

Why is this? I'm using same phone network as before.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Seeing NW2P's Blackberry thread has reminded me of a question I've been wanting to ask.

I now have a smartphone which connects to 3G, edge, hspa all manner of networks. Problem is, I only ever get a decent service when I'm in/near an urban area. Out in the sticks (where it normally connects via GPRS) it's absolutely hopeless. So slow as to be non existent, in fact.

Must be compression technology - emails come in as they arrive at my gmail account. Super fast and efficient!

Comment

Assistance

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

Seems like when blackberry gets better, the GPRS connection gets weaker. Try finding assistance w ww.ihelpline.com/Blackberry/

Comment

Working...
      X