• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance companies, what snakes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance companies, what snakes.

My son who is 19, had his insurance renewal through for £1600.

So being a chip of the old block he ran it through confused.com and similar and got a quote of £1200.

Then he rings his insurer up and says that he is going to stop his policy when it ends as he can get it cheaper by £400, and all of a sudden so can they!!!

Rip-Off Merchants.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Rip-Off Merchants.
    They are good teachers actually.

Congratulations - your son is not a mug anymore...

Comment

Where I actually agree they are rip of merchants I can't believe people don't ring up any insurance or phone contract type thing and demand a better price or leave..... I thought everyone did it. It is common knowledge they will bend over backwards to keep business that doesn't actually cost them anything isn't it??
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I got a quote last week that was less than half what my existing insurer wanted. Called them and they managed to lower their quote so it was only twice as much

Comment

THis seems to be the norm of commerce in the UK. New customers or those who complain get all the good deals, loyal customers just get ripped off. A few years ago I found my broadband suppliers had a much cheaper rate than I was getting, complained and got it reduced. Always make a fuss!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My current contract is coming to an end. When it was last being renewed I upped my rate by a third. I expected them to beat me down on price but they just coughed up.

Comment

I was surprised recently when i got a quote for my girlfriend (she's just passed her test this year).

Cheapest quote from confused.com was £800. When i added myself as a named driver it went down to £700
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                I was surprised recently when i got a quote for my girlfriend.

Cheapest quote from confused.com was £800.
                That's pretty cheap for a girlfriend. Mind you, the running costs can be exorbitant.
                Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Prompted by this thread, I just saved £200 on my home insurance renewal.

Comment

Oh my car insurance is up for renewal next week at over 1K!!
                    Thanks for the reminder - I shall go and see what I can save
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X