• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IM: Brillo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM: Brillo

Hiya, decided to stuff just mainly weights and a c25k program. I want to get fit and lose weight, decided a steady triathlon program will be perfect!

I've found this: Run fatboy, run!!!

Do you have anything better or is this ideal?

Cheers,
    Scooby
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

ooops, "Run fatboy, run" is aimed me mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
      ooops, "Run fatboy, run" is aimed me mate!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        WNLS
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Ah well, at least I owned up!!

Comment

Hiya, decided to stuff just mainly weights and a c25k program. I want to get fit and lose weight, decided a steady triathlon program will be perfect!

I've found this: Run fatboy, run!!!

Do you have anything better or is this ideal?

Cheers,
            Scooby

Personally I would listen to your body. JUst try a bit of light running/cycling/swimming. of course the toughest bit is getting going - I have not found a way to get me through the first 5 minutes. But after that your body will love it. It wants to be fit.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Personally I would listen to your body. JUst try a bit of light running/cycling/swimming. of course the toughest bit is getting going - I have not found a way to get me through the first 5 minutes. But after that your body will love it. It wants to be fit.
              Cheers bud. Completely changed my programme for tomorrow. 15min cycle, 30 weights, 15-20min run, 15min swim (my weak area!). Then the important and hardest bit, 15min sauna and steam room!

Comment

Cheers bud. Completely changed my programme for tomorrow. 15min cycle, 30 weights, 15-20min run, 15min swim (my weak area!). Then the important and hardest bit, 15min sauna and steam room!
                Try doing sprint intervals for the running/cycling. It really pushes your cardio system:

Interval Training | LIVESTRONG.COM

How To Do Sprinting Intervals On A Treadmill | LIVESTRONG.COM

Six sessions of sprint interval training increases muscle oxidative potential and cycle endurance capacity in humans
                Our data show that aerobic endurance capacity was dramatically improved after only six sessions of sprint interval training, despite the fact that V̇O2 peak remained unchanged. Indeed, exercise time to exhaustion more than doubled in six of eight subjects who performed the training intervention
                I do a minute on full sprint (18kph) then a minute walking (4kph) repeated 5 times. Took me 2 months of 1 gym session a week to go from 14kph up to 18

and make sure you do plenty of squats with those weights!
                Last edited by Spacecadet; 19 June 2012, 21:08.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Walking briskly away from cakes, choc's, pies, pasties and other fattening foods is always a good way to start.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Walking briskly away from cakes, choc's, pies, pasties and other fattening foods is always a good way to start.
                    I do try but my left knee is f*cked off to see the quack tomorrow hope he doesn't recommend

Comment

Working...
                    X