• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays OFFline banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays OFFline banking

Ok, admit it, which of you designed this new POS??

Login screen gives you 3 id options, Banking ID no, Passcode or acct no and sort code.

The latter two go round in circles asking for the first option and the first option tells you to click ok to proceed to PinSentry. Once you comply having failed on the two options you may have wanted to choose, it loads a screen that will NOT allow you to provide PinSentry details but wants two characters of your memorable word that went out with telephone banking in the 90s.

When you click on the button to make a complaint, it allows you to spend a few mins typing your concerns then when you submit it says 'Sorry Bob screwed this bit up and we are offline'

Epic fail!!

Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Ok, admit it, which of you designed this new POS??

Login screen gives you 3 id options, Banking ID no, Passcode or acct no and sort code.

The latter two go round in circles asking for the first option and the first option tells you to click ok to proceed to PinSentry. Once you comply having failed on the two options you may have wanted to choose, it loads a screen that will NOT allow you to provide PinSentry details but wants two characters of your memorable word that went out with telephone banking in the 90s.

When you click on the button to make a complaint, it allows you to spend a few mins typing your concerns then when you submit it says 'Sorry Bob screwed this bit up and we are offline'

Epic fail!!

Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It threw me at first, but it works in the same way as the last version. You need to make sure you have your card, pin machine, pin number, account number, passport number, NI number, DOB, mothers maiden name, fingerprints, DNA and retina scan. Once you get past that you just reply to your 50 security questions and you're in. What's so hard about that?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I feel your pain!

At least last week there was an independant survey pop-up last Friday and I gave them both barrels, and told them not to expect any feedback from Contact us because it doesn't work.

Barclays online is pants.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You can get in via their mobile site btw...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          It threw me at first, but it works in the same way as the last version. You need to make sure you have your card, pin machine, pin number, account number, passport number, NI number, DOB, mothers maiden name, fingerprints, DNA and retina scan. Once you get past that you just reply to your 50 security questions and you're in. What's so hard about that?

MF is getting funnier and funnier...

Comment

Santander updated theirs recently. You couldn't log out. (Fixed now).

Tesco also updated theirs. They made sure you conformed with their new security requirements by locking you out and requiring you to reset, which involved waiting for code to arrive in the post. Great for an online only service.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              Santander updated theirs recently. You couldn't log out. (Fixed now).

Tesco also updated theirs. They made sure you conformed with their new security requirements by locking you out and requiring you to reset, which involved waiting for code to arrive in the post. Great for an online only service.
              Santander can't cope with a minor Firefox update, locked the account. Jumping through the hoops to get it unlocked what were your last 5 debit transactions? No fckn idea about the exact pence 'n pound paid in Tesco and elsewhere and I don't keep receipts.

So a visit to the branch to sort it, took them 3 goes to get past their own internal security checks to get it sorted. The Santander staff get asked questions like look up your internal directory and tell me who is the assistant manager in some obscure branch, takes too long to load so they cut the call and so start again.

The only time I had a problem with money being taken from my account it was a bank insider (according to CID), so much for their zealous fckn security, a waste of time and a major inconvenience to the customer. I doubt other banks are any better.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Worked on a couple of retail bank front ends. Disasters mostly.

IF was something else. 35 pages maybe, simple selects and simple updates, they had hundreds working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  'PIN number'? Muppet! What do you think the 'N' stands for in 'PIN'? Mr Thicky Thicko from Thicktown in Thickshire. This is why you need 'financial experience' when working for banks to keep these kinds of numpties out of the industry.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                  X