• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Run Mums

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Run Mums

(And maybe dads too) . I have to drive past a school on my way into work and if I time it wring, the traffic is diabolical.

Normally I am held up by somebody making a ham fisted attempt at parallel parking but sometimes people just double park while they get there kids out.

This happened to me this morning - woman in a Citroën Zara Picasso just stops in middle of road, hazards on, gets out (mobile jammed between shoulder and ear - yak,yak,yak) opens rear dior and spends an eternity releasing her kids from their woofter seats.

Eventually, she ushers them though gthe gates, returns to her car and gets in. Absolutely MI acknowledgment of the hold up she has caused, no act of contrition, no wave to say thanks, nothings.

It made me quite mad and she got a long blow of my horn

I thought the shifts at Burger King would be more accommodating!?

Oh well, if you know you are passing a school at between 08:30 and 09:00 most people with an IQ above that of a plate of congealed lard would go a different route.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      <SNIP>
      As you were driving I have some sympathy. But spare a thought for my wife who walks the kids to school (despite living one of the furthest from school). These women will run down a pedestrian rather than give them an inch of ground at crossings. They will even block the pedestrian crossings to be right on the bumper of the car in front.

Oddly it is white van man who drives properly on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        As you were driving I have some sympathy. But spare a thought for my wife who walks the kids to school (despite living one of the furthest from school). These women will run down a pedestrian rather than give them an inch of ground at crossings. They will even block the pedestrian crossings to be right on the bumper of the car in front.

Oddly it is white van man who drives properly on the road.
        WHS

The number of twats who drive at more than 30 past our local school in the morning amazes me. Aggressive twattish driving surrounded by people walking kids to school.

Luckily they're putting in speed bumps soon.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

woofter seats

Comment

It made me quite mad and she got a long blow of my horn

At least you got something out of it

Comment

And I hate inconsiderate cyclists who DELIBERATELY choose to cycle during rush hour and hold me up for sometimes 5-10 minutes. Either ban them or build cycle paths.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                spare a thought for my wife
                I always spare a thought for your wife
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Some years ago when I contracted in B’ham. I was walking to client co from the B&B. I passed a mum who loaded up her kids in the MPV, 500 yards up the road she stopped at the school and dropped them off.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

That's terrible. For that length of journey she should have been using a 4x4 at least!

Comment

Working...
                    X