• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Take That HMR&C!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take That HMR&C!

Take That singers 'invested £26m in scheme to be challenged over tax avoidance' - Telegraph

It always makes me chuckle that most of those involved in dodging tax and social responsibility are media types, lefty bleeding heart liberals.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Take That singers 'invested £26m in scheme to be challenged over tax avoidance' - Telegraph

It always makes me chuckle that most of those involved in dodging tax and social responsibility are media types, lefty bleeding heart liberals.
    Ooooh look.... "There is no suggestion that the scheme is illegal." from the article.

Comment

That looks like it might well be a very large tax bill indeed.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

******* ******s!

Perhaps it should not be legal to offset losses - if you are that fooking stupid to lose money then you deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          ******* ******s!

Perhaps it should not be legal to offset losses - if you are that fooking stupid to lose money then you deserve it.
          Don't you get a rebate for your R&D work from HMRC?

We do.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Don't you get a rebate for your R&D work from HMRC?
            Yes we used it a bit (insignificant amounts), it's totally pathetic and misleading - I probably would not even bother applying next year.

Patents on the other hand can be handy ...

Comment

From the article

“In our 2010 spending review the Government made £917m available to us to tackle avoidance, evasion and fraud. This is being used to ensure a level playing field for all taxpayers.”

How much will they recover - will it be greater than £917m

Comment

They should use Wesley Snipes defense who said he was Fiduciary of god

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Yes we used it a bit (insignificant amounts), it's totally pathetic and misleading - I probably would not even bother applying next year.

Patents on the other hand can be handy ...
                  In that case you've just admitted using a tax avoidance scheme. Burn him!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    In that case you've just admitted using a tax avoidance scheme. Burn him!
                    It's not a tax avoidance scheme but a very small, super tiny token of appreciation from Govt for all the investment we do right now at the time when some people prefer to just trade stocks and make money from hot air.

Comment

Working...
                    X