• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the big financial crisis getting rather boring?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the big financial crisis getting rather boring?

poll coming
    Yes, it's boring me to death
    27.78%
    Yes, and it was boring from the start
    27.78%
    No, credit default swaps and collateralised debt obligations give me a massive hard-on
    16.67%
    Andyw is enjoying it, so it must be fun
    27.78%
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Make sure you have a "It's not bothering me in the singlest iota!" option.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Make sure you have a "It's not bothering me in the singlest iota!" option.
      I guess you can use the Andyw option for that.

Comment

Shouldn't it the 'Finacial Status Quo' by now.

Down, down, deeper and down.

Comment

I just want to see what happens when they chuck Greece out. Pure curiosity value.

Comment

Could somebody please tell me who AndyW is? Is it the same guy as AtW?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Could somebody please tell me who AndyW is? Is it the same guy as AtW?
              I don't know either, but he seems to be a legend, apparently he used the computer when his mum wasn't looking, insulted people and got banned. But it was before my time on CUK.

No it isn't AtW. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I don't know either, but he seems to be a legend, apparently he used the computer when his mum wasn't looking, insulted people and got banned. But it was before my time on CUK.

His insults must have been epic.....

Comment

He's a legend from the days when CUK was funny.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tml#post130326

Andy & AtW
                    Mod : This is not light relief. This is serious. This board is getting spammed minute by minute by at least one of these guys and I for one think you should have a word.

Dear AtW & Andy

Firstly, just wanted to say, I love your column. I think it's witty & entertaining - where do you guys come up with this stuff. Hilarious.

Anyway. I'm a member of a Contractors Bulletin Board on the 'interweb'. This site has always had it's members of different persuasions & different opinions, but recently it seems as if it's just two members who post constantly.

The first member is obviously quite technically gifted. But this is where it finishes. He constantly tries to have the last word on every thread. He offers advice to everyone about every subject. He's a real know-it-all, but really seems to know nothing. As someone once said about Lisa in a Simpsons episode - 'Oh here she comes an answer to a question nobody asked'. Anyway my question is, do you think this member has anything else in his life and how can we stop him offering stupid advice to everyone?

The second member is posting at a horrendous rate. It's obvious to all around that he has limited mental capacity and in fact may be a young child sitting at his mothers computer. At 4 0 Clock each day she obviously comes home and switches it off. His endless drivel is really clogging up the boards. If it was email he would be arrested for spam. Do you think we should try to engage him and talk to him as an adult or should we ignore him?

I hope you can help.

Yours

Marillion Fan
                    Contractor UK Member
                    Only a couple of things;
                    1. I think he gives Alexi too much credit
                    2. After all these years I still havent found this Interweb thigy he's on about

Little sneak MF
                    Last edited by Diver; 20 June 2012, 13:23.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X