• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who would HAVE guessed it? (HAVE not OF!!!! - mod edit)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would HAVE guessed it? (HAVE not OF!!!! - mod edit)

What with alleged corruption with Olympic ticket sales, now comes Euro 2012 (alleged) corruption. Why do these events still exist and why do the (allegedly corrupt) governing bodies continue to award them to (allegedly corrupt) countries? Answers on a postcard to Sepp Blatter, Jacques Rogge and Michael Platini...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What with alleged corruption with Olympic ticket sales, now comes Euro 2012 (alleged) corruption. Why do these events still exist and why do the (allegedly corrupt) governing bodies continue to award them to (allegedly corrupt) countries? Answers on the back of a £50 note to Sepp Blatter, Jacques Rogge and Michael Platini...
    FTFY
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Suspicions that Swedish companies were involved in corrupt deals were aroused when three stadiums arrived as flat packs.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The myth of pheidippides, he was aked to run 300 miles and they now tell us he ran the distance between windsor park and London which is 26.2 miles before dropping dead.

Eric Liddell and the story of Chariots Of Fire was completely made up.

Olympic stories are always imbelished, added to, invented and contrived.

You want honesty from these people?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          The myth of pheidippides, he was aked to run 300 miles and they now tell us he ran the distance between windsor park and London which is 26.2 miles before dropping dead.

good points. Who needs Glory, Human endeavour, Athletic prowess and drive

when we can look to minnie-me for inspiration

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Who would of guessed it?

Who would have guessed it?

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

good points. Who needs Glory, Human endeavour, Athletic prowess and drive

when we can look to minnie-me for inspiration

good points. Who needs Glory, Human endeavour, Athletic prowess and drive.

when we can look to minnie-me for inspiration.
              I know I out in a few mistakes from time to time but...

Comment

I know I out in a few mistakes from time to time but...

gold for minnie.

i think.
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Do not worry, Scotland is on hand to explain the English language to English posters.

Comment

Do not worry, Scotland is on hand to explain the English language to English posters.
                    Oh yeah?

Why should England tremble?

Comment

Working...
                    X