• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Phone 8

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Phone 8

BBC News - Windows Phone 8 system update announced by Microsoft

At least they don't need to worry about the download server capacity, when all 10 windows phone owners go to update. I guess they will keep plodding along with this and surface thinking they can do what they did with xbox. The problem is their competition was Sony then who dropped the ball big time,but now it's Apple and Google/Samsung/HTC, they have already lost. Hopefully MS over spend and Ballmer is booted out.

I had the old microsoft phones, the spv 500 and the one before it (the 300 maybe) really good phones. Where did it go wrong for them?

Comment

It might be great but association with tulipy Windows 8 is a bad mistake

Comment

I think windows phones are the bees knees to be honest. The last 3 client co's I have worked at have all had 100% windows phone 7 for email connectivity etc too.

Comment

I'm one of those 10 so I'll get a brill download rate!

As I've never had a iPhone or Android can't say which is better, but WP7 is quite good.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

WP8 sounds pretty good to me, adding SD support etc.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The people I know who use Win7.5 handsets rave how good they are, I have yet to hear someone not like, however getting people to make the switch over iOS or Android has always been the stumbling block
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                WP8 sounds pretty good to me, adding SD support etc.
                You mean like my good old WM 6.5 phone which has SD support and syncs with Outlook on my PC (contacts & diary) without the need for the cloud or Exchange access .. not like those new fangled things, and the reason why I haven't upgraded it

Comment

I think I'm more interested in seeing how W8 tablets turn out, if they can fill the gap for a strong #2 not taken by Android.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

The people I know who use Win7.5 handsets rave how good they are, I have yet to hear someone not like, however getting people to make the switch over iOS or Android has always been the stumbling block
                    I had a Windows 98 mobile phone, or something like that, back in around 2005, and it was forever freezing on me. I swore never again to go with Windows Mobile. Android all the way for me.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X