• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whoosh, Whoosh ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoosh, Whoosh ....

Just booked my first skiing holiday with some mates for next year
    Jake and Jakes Mummy are staying at home - double !!

Roll on March; Austria here I come !

Now time to look at the out of season sales for ski wear - how complicated and expensive ? Very !

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy

Now time to look at the out of season sales for ski wear - how complicated and expensive ? Very !
    Congrats JD!! You'll love it. Based on a lifetime total of 3 skiing trips my advice is:
    • Get some dry skiing under your belt in the UK first. You can spend all / most of your time falling over there rather than when you are in Austria
    • Don't be too tight when it come to buying your gear, because (a) you get what you pay for and (b) if you pay peanuts you will look like a monkey - on skis
    • Prepare to have VERY bad aching muscles (unless you are super-fit of course). Skiing tends to use muscles you don't normally use. Ever.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

If you want to learn quickly what you need to do is go to the top of something called a Black run (and boy can they). These are the easy slopes and it is a good idea to just do these on your own and dont bother with lessons. You will soon pick it up.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        If you want to learn quickly what you need to do is go to the top of something called a Black run (and boy can they). These are the easy slopes and it is a good idea to just do these on your own and dont bother with lessons. You will soon pick it up.
        I know a story about that.

Comment

If your playing on making a habit of it, buy some decent boots, 200 quid should cover it, make sure there heat moulded to your foot size, anyshop will
          know what im on about. They're worth there wait in GOLD !!

Rest of the equipment, don't be too fussy or extravagant. Really is no point
          when beginning and just hire skis for now.

You'll love it.....

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            Good advice Dodgy. All these guys trying to screw out of your dosh with unnecessary lessons and the like, when all you really have to do is launch yourself down the easy Black.
            Last edited by sasguru; 1 June 2006, 15:20.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
              If your playing on making a habit of it, buy some decent boots, 200 quid should cover it, make sure there heat moulded to your foot size, anyshop will
              know what im on about. They're worth there wait in GOLD !!

Rest of the equipment, don't be too fussy or extravagant. Really is no point
              when beginning and just hire skis for now.

You'll love it.....

FFS For starters:
              YOU'RE
              planning
              THEY'RE
              any shop
              I'm
              Last edited by sasguru; 1 June 2006, 15:18.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

FFS, they're surely?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  FFS THEY'RE?
                  Yes spotted it ...
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ffs