• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Carr: 'I've made a terrible error of judgement'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy Carr: 'I've made a terrible error of judgement'

Jimmy Carr: 'I've made a terrible error of judgement' - Telegraph

What he really means is that is has been caught out!
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post

But this is what gets me, the scheme as it stands is legal! what has he done wrong?? EVERYONE would minimise their tax bill if they could.

I dont buy this moral or "in the spirit" tulip, it's right or wrong. The law as it is written means it is legal.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

"I met with a financial advisor and he said to me 'Do you want to pay less tax? It’s totally legal.' I said 'Yes.'
      Who wouldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
        Who wouldn't?
        It's also why the majority of us have accountants, to help minimise our financial outgoings
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Furore is over the fact he lambasted Barclays for avoiding tax while doing it himself, not the actual avoidance as everyone has said, they would do it if they could (in fact all those with a LtdCo here ARE doing it)
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The article says - "It is not fair on hard working peole who do the right thing and pay their taxes to see these sorts of scams taking place."

Is that "peole" a type for "prole"?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post

Divvies should be re-classified as salary and taxed to the hilt
              Loans should be taxed at source at the relevant income tax rate and refunded on or during repayment of said loans

Sorted
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Furore is over the fact he lambasted Barclays for avoiding tax while doing it himself, not the actual avoidance as everyone has said, they would do it if they could (in fact all those with a LtdCo here ARE doing it)
                It was the same with Ken Livingstone, it wasn't so much the fact that he was using a limited company to avoid tax that I objected to, it was the hypocritical way he slated other people for avoiding tax and declared war on "rich bastards" who were doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  The article says - "It is not fair on hard working peole who do the right thing and pay their taxes to see these sorts of scams taking place."

Is that "peole" a type for "prole"?
                  typo

Comment

Miliband actually says the right thing for once:

But Labour leader Ed Miliband opted not to join in with the chorus of criticism of the Eight Out of 10 Cats star's tax affairs.

He said: "I'm not in favour of tax avoidance obviously, but I don't think it is for politicians to lecture people about morality.

"I think what the politicians need to do is - if the wrong thing is happening - change the law to prevent that tax avoidance happening."
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X