• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PRINCE2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRINCE2

May i know if it is worthy to do PRINCE2 project management course?

Originally posted by sam briton View Post
    Yes

Comment

Prince2 is the methodology invented by HM Government for making IT projects successful. You will need this qualification to contract with the government.
      Its worth can be seen by the success history of HMG in IT projects , in other words, get it and don’t take it seriously. Prince2 doesn’t teach common sense. Some people have natural managements skills, and that is what makes a project successful.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Prince2 is the methodology invented by HM Government for making IT projects successful. You will need this qualification to contract with the government.
        Its worth can be seen by the success history of HMG in IT projects , in other words, get it and don’t take it seriously. Prince2 doesn’t teach common sense. Some people have natural managements skills, and that is what makes a project successful.
        Of course, HM Government's definition of 'successful' might not be the same as yours or mine.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

it will tick a box and get you an interview.

but try and run a project to the Prince2 letter and expected headaches....

projects are about delivery not paperwork

Comment

You'll need to submit a 10,000-page PID and wait for me to consult all of the relevant stakeholders before I can fully answer that question.

Comment

...but, on a less whimsical note, Prince II (never write it with the '2' on your CV - it's like writing "dot net" instead of ".Net") is a project management methodology that is of questionable worth, but that is nonetheless popular amongst Public Sector organisations and banks. So, it's worth having if you're targeting those types of roles, but does lend itself to bureaucracy and a cook-book approach that many have concluded is central to the problems often faced by technical projects in those sectors.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                it will tick a box and get you an interview.

but try and run a project to the Prince2 letter and expected headaches....

projects are about delivery not paperwork
                WOPMS

It is a good qualification to have, gets your foot in the door.

It's been useful as a guide of what docs you may need dependant on the project, you don't need to use it as the bible of project management.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

There is a more basic reason you need to do PRINCE. Agents! They don't have a clue so just match up words and one of those is PRINCE. Without it you won't get a look in regardless if you need it or learn anything from it. Worth doing just to help the agents do their job properly IMO.

I remember one of first contracts I went for and agent asked if I had PRINCE. I told him I did APM and PMP and he said sorry, can't put me forward as I had to have a project managment certification.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I always thought c# was pronounced "c-hash" so I kept getting funny looks in interviews even though nobody ever said anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X