• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WC Privacy on the Train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WC Privacy on the Train

A right kerfuffle this morning on the 7.13.

As usual, the train was packed owing to an earlier service being cancelled so once again I found myself hobnobbing it with a bunch of disgruntled passengers in the inter carriage area.

I noticed that the wc was engaged on boarding at Bath and didn't really think much of it until a succession of people had rattled the handle provoking muffled exclamations from within the cubicle. Anyway, just after departing Chippenham, the guard came around to check our tickets and one of the women who had tried to get into the wc pointed out that it had been occupied for rather a long time. The guard rapped on the door and let out the customary "Tickets Please" request to which the occupant retorted in an outraged tone that he was busy.

So, the guard returned to his van and came back with a skeleton key (I had no idea they could do this) and opened the door, unwittingly exposing us occupants of the inter carriage area to the sight of a middle aged man climbing into a pair of ladies' frillies.

I missed the ensuing altercation between the guard and said gentleman since we were just pulling into Swindon where I had to alight to join my connection to Oxford but raised voices were heard as foot hit platform and I wouldn't blame the bloke for feeling that his privacy had been violated.

So, next time you're in the wc of a train with Delhi Belly and need a little more time on the karzi than usual, bear in mind that you could be humiliated at any point.

Was this near Bridgewater by any chance?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Was this near Bridgewater by any chance?
      Oddly enough, the train originated in Taunton and its first station stop was Bridgwater.

Comment

Hi GB.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Worst sockie ever , very poor

Comment

The number of times I've had to lock myself in the train toilets after a night out in town after work

The worst is when the toilets are out of order and several pints later it's not easy to hold it all in on the train home. I've had to p1ss in all sorts of places on the train ... never on a seat so no worries folks

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              The number of times I've had to lock myself in the train toilets after a night out in town after work

The worst is when the toilets are out of order and several pints later it's not easy to hold it all in on the train home. I've had to p1ss in all sorts of places on the train ... never on a seat so no worries folks
              Why don't you drink a bit less rather than risk embarrassment and arrest?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                Worst sockie ever , very poor
                I'll try harder next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
                  A right kerfuffle this morning on the 7.13.

As usual, the train was packed owing to an earlier service being cancelled so once again I found myself hobnobbing it with a bunch of disgruntled passengers in the inter carriage area.

I noticed that the wc was engaged on boarding at Bath and didn't really think much of it until a succession of people had rattled the handle provoking muffled exclamations from within the cubicle. Anyway, just after departing Chippenham, the guard came around to check our tickets and one of the women who had tried to get into the wc pointed out that it had been occupied for rather a long time. The guard rapped on the door and let out the customary "Tickets Please" request to which the occupant retorted in an outraged tone that he was busy.

So, the guard returned to his van and came back with a skeleton key (I had no idea they could do this) and opened the door, unwittingly exposing us occupants of the inter carriage area to the sight of a middle aged man climbing into a pair of ladies' frillies.

I missed the ensuing altercation between the guard and said gentleman since we were just pulling into Swindon where I had to alight to join my connection to Oxford but raised voices were heard as foot hit platform and I wouldn't blame the bloke for feeling that his privacy had been violated.

So, next time you're in the wc of a train with Delhi Belly and need a little more time on the karzi than usual, bear in mind that you could be humiliated at any point.

You should post this kind of bilge in the morning train journey thread.

Comment

What is this inter carriage area of which you speak?

Comment

Working...
                    X