• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone built a garden office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone built a garden office?

Morning all,

I've decided to take the plunge and replace the shed at the bottom of my garden with a home office.

Wondered if anyone else has tried this? At the moment I'm leaning towards a 'build it yourself' solution, maybe a log cabin from Dunster House.

Budget is around £3K for a 3m by 3m erection.

Thanks,

Spondit
    Last edited by administrator; 3 February 2014, 15:50.

I reckon you should build a tree house.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I reckon you should build a tree house.
      What would be awesome!!!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

DO you need it? Why not go to the local Costa or Starbucks so you don't end up like a hermit.

Comment

Originally posted by spondit View Post
          Morning all,

I've decided to take the plunge and replace the shed at the bottom of my garden with a home office.

Wondered if anyone else has tried this? At the moment I'm leaning towards a 'build it yourself' solution, maybe a log cabin from Dunster House.

Thanks,

Spondit
          Sasguru did, he spent ~£2 million.

Comment

I built a 13ftx15ft workshop last year. I used a local supplier who supplied a kit that was from a factory in Eastern Europe. Cost was about 5k all in. It took two weekends to build. I needed a mate's help for the first weekend and already had a concrete base.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by spondit View Post
              Morning all,

Thanks,

Spondit

Just put up one of these:

from here

It's 2.5 x 2.5 but they do a 3m version. Cost about £2500 but the thatched roof option added another 900. They also do a really nice looking home office option, check their website.

Anyway, grand opening party is this weekend

Comment

Not an office but i've got 3 sheds (well 2 sheds and a big chalet/playhouse) and always use these people: Olympian Sheds. Leading manufacturer of Cheshire Sheds, Workshops, Summerhouses, Garden Offices, Dog Kennels and more - they'll build anything you want, had a couple of mine custom built and was a great service.

Worth visiting their factory just for the cut wood smell. Mmmmmmmm.
                Last edited by Durbs; 22 June 2012, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  Sasguru did, he spent ~£2 million.
                  bollux he did! Only a cretin would spend that much!

hang on.....

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    DO you need it?
                    Yes. I've got three kids who I love dearly but they drive me insane.

I need somewhere to escape them, and also like the idea of separating home from work life.

Beer may be drunk there at some point.

Thanks to all the suggestions so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X