• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy call from Indian 'Windows Technical Support'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy call from Indian 'Windows Technical Support'

Just had a call from a dodgy Indian call centre, cracked me up. Bob, clearly reading from a script was trying to tell me that I had a problem with my computer and that he knew this because my PC had been sending alerts to his technical support centre.

How? I asked. But alas, no answer.

Which company are you calling from? I asked. "Windows Technical Support Centre". Lovely, I thought.

I actually laughed out loud, and even then his script-following skills were extraordinary. He kept on going, trying to get me to turn my computer on and follow his instructions, even after I told him I'm an IT expert and he can just tell me what the problem his. "Download our software"

I kept him going for about 3 minutes before he couldn't take my sarcasm and laughter any longer. I wish I'd played it smarter and even told him he was disrespecting his parents or something. That would've gotten his goat.

Sounds quite similar to this guy's experience:-

India Windows Tech Support Scam - YouTube

While you're on the line, do you do takeaway?

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Just had a call from a dodgy Indian call centre, cracked me up. Bob, clearly reading from a script was trying to tell me that I had a problem with my computer and that he knew this because my PC had been sending alerts to his technical support centre.

How? I asked. But alas, no answer.

Which company are you calling from? I asked. "Windows Technical Support Centre". Lovely, I thought.

I actually laughed out loud, and even then his script-following skills were extraordinary. He kept on going, trying to get me to turn my computer on and follow his instructions, even after I told him I'm an IT expert and he can just tell me what the problem his. "Download our software"

I kept him going for about 3 minutes before he couldn't take my sarcasm and laughter any longer. I wish I'd played it smarter and even told him he was disrespecting his parents or something. That would've gotten his goat.

Sounds quite similar to this guy's experience:-

India Windows Tech Support Scam - YouTube
      Is there a redirect function on your phone? If so, put him through to RBS head office.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I told my caller his god would not be happy and he was going to hell.

Felt bad afterwards.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Amused me

How To Torment Telemarketers With One Word (Random Hilarity)
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

KUTAB
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I told my caller his god would not be happy and he was going to hell.

Felt bad afterwards.
              Because even the devil would be unhappy with him?

Comment

Had yet another bob call last night. They won't be calling back after spinning "Dravid" along for about 1/2 hour before discussing my favourite beef dish (cooked rare).

one day at a time

Comment

Start talking about gas boilers and central heating – that gets ‘em every time.

Comment

Ask them how to bleed the radiators, and then ask them about chutney spoons.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X