• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 'who's' getting shafted over tax avoidance thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'who's' getting shafted over tax avoidance thread?

Ok. Now, Chris Hoy, after Jimmy Carr & Keep That.

BBC News - Sir Chris Hoy defends tax arrangements

Plus, we have a Tory donor with Jimmy on another scam - Top Tory donor linked to Jimmy Carr tax scheme | Business | The Observer (Also see AtW thread).

Who's next?

Cameron had better hope he's not sharing a cabinet with a 'tax avoider'!

(Least it's keeps them off our back for a while)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Chris Hoy is clearly not avoiding tax.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm still waiting for an article to be published in The Daily Mail

"Thousands of IT Contractors not paying any tax"
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post

like they're ever going to alienate their core readership like that
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post

I'm surprised they haven't mentioned that people claiming benefits don't generally pay tax on them yet. Never mind all those johnny foreigners who use the feeble excuse of living in their own country to avoid paying the exchequer a penny. It's an outrage!
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Anyone trying to link what Hoy did (company loan) is in any way illegal tax avoidance (think about it) OR evasion just hasnt got a clue and is desparate for a story.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Anyone trying to link what Hoy did (company loan) is in any way illegal tax avoidance (think about it) OR evasion just hasnt got a clue and is desparate for a story.
              Making a very large unsecured (as it was reported) loan to yourself under most certainly less than market rate for such unsecured loans is hmmmm unusual and suspicious for sure.

Certainly very mild stuff compared to dodgy offshore loans but that does not sound like a behavior of a noble Sir Knight in shining armour ...

Cameron should do the right thing and pass law that would make self assessment information completely public - that shoud flush out some of the parasitic cockroaches who think they are very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Making a very large unsecured (as it was reported) loan to yourself under most certainly less than market rate for such unsecured loans is hmmmm unusual and suspicious for sure.

Certainly very mild stuff compared to dodgy offshore loans but that does not sound like a behavior of a noble Sir Knight in shining armour ...

Cameron should do the right thing and pass law that would make self assessment information completely public - that shoud flush out some of the parasitic cockroaches who think they are very smart.
                Is that ^^ really true?

I've taken a massive directors loan in order to buy a house.

I didn't think that was sailing close to the wind in the slightest. You either pay the rate of interest which HMRC dictate (4% I think) or treat it as a BIK.

Directors loans are as vanilla as it comes. Shocking piece of journalism!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
                  I didn't think that was sailing close to the wind in the slightest. You either pay the rate of interest which HMRC dictate (4% I think) or treat it as a BIK.
                  It's pretty far away but still does not look good for public person who is a Sir now in current climant of dodgy tax avoidance among celebrities.

Comment

It seems as if it is the honest tax payer (corporate and individual) who is being shafted. A nice spot of retrospective legislation should sort this all out.

Comment

Working...
                    X