• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

motorholme.com - avoid these idiots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motorholme.com - avoid these idiots

Off topic I know but just a warning....

Paid £250 deposit for a weeks motorhome hire. T+Cs said you had to fill in an insurance questionnaire to ensure you weren't hire risk. If so, an additional premium was due. So I sent this in with my booking. Heard nothing (bearing in mind, I'm in my 40s, got zero points, no health issues, live in low insurance area, BUT got 1 accident in 5 years) so assumed I was OK.

Been chasing them to get a confirmed final payment figure and £100 seems to have been added for insurance premium. Apparently, 1 accident makes you high risk. Bollax said I - prove it, tell me how many people ever get to pay zero premium, and why you didnt inform me earlier - no answer.

Looked into it and found some distrubing info on said company:-

Motorholme www.motorholme.co.uk Reviews | Caravan Hire | Review Centre
    MotorHolme's excess of woolly thinking about its terms and conditions | Money | The Guardian

Needless to say I wont be continuing and letting them have free reign on my credit card. Just going to be a bit of a legal fight getting my £250 back now.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Last month I hired a motor home (6 birth) to take to Germany, I used Just Go.
    Really helpful, reasonably priced & up front about all costs. I did take out the excess waiver as I was going to a festival (just as well as I hit a pot hole & there was minor damage but no charge to me.

I will be using them again next year to do the same run, happily recommend them.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

London though. Too far to pick up for me :-(
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Just going to be a bit of a legal fight getting my £250 back now.
        One word: Chargeback. I trust you paid via Visa Debit or any major credit card? If there's a dispute, get your bank to process a refund through their Chargeback Guarantee Scheme. This places the onus on the entity that's messing you about to take you to Court to get 'their' money, if they genuinely believe they have a case. I've not had to do this often (twice in my life), but each time I have it's amazing how reluctant people that were extracting the urine and retaining my money are to take their case before a Court, where they know they will lose. Possession really is nine tenths of the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          One word: Chargeback. I trust you paid via Visa Debit or any major credit card? If there's a dispute, get your bank to process a refund through their Chargeback Guarantee Scheme. This places the onus on the entity that's messing you about to take you to Court to get 'their' money, if they genuinely believe they have a case. I've not had to do this often (twice in my life), but each time I have it's amazing how reluctant people that were extracting the urine and retaining my money are to take their case before a Court, where they know they will lose. Possession really is nine tenths of the law.
          WSS

Had to use it on a Hotel in London once when I walked out in disgust when shown the (Substandard supposedly 4* damp room).
          Last edited by Diver; 25 June 2012, 10:37.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I got shafted by easy hire some years back. I went through the online process, paid my money and a few weeks later I drove over to get it on the day. It was a nightmare place to find and in fact I was surprised to to find the van I was picking up wasn't Easy Hire but just a local company. We sat down, gave my details and then he said 'oh you've had 4 speeding fines in 7 years'.

'Yeah, and?'

'Well our policy states we don't rent to people who've totted up 12 points in a 7 year period' (or some bollocks, I forget now)

'WTF has that got to do with anything?'

'It's in our T&Cs on the website when you pay?'

So not only would they not give me the van I'd paid for, they wouldn't refund me either.

I try not to pay up front for stuff as it's a ******* rip off.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              WHS.
              H?

Comment

WHS

Only had to do it once, with visa debit

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  ...in my 40s...
                  Fook me, judging from your posts I had you down as being about 21.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

WSS

Geddit?
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X