• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Retina Display Macbook is non-upgradeable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Retina Display Macbook is non-upgradeable

So we're now into the disposable laptop era..

Retina Display Macbook taken apart

- RAM is soldered directly onto the logic board
    - SSD measures only 3.16 mm thick compared to 9.45 mm for the traditional hard drive

no RAM upgrade possible and Hard Drive is a special Apple only version.. great.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

KUATB.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...ml#post1559924
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Macs are generally not sold as upgradable... you can do it but it's very unusual. Therefore this decision will probably affect something like 1% of users.

Also - they probably argue the only way to get such a gorgeous thin box is to do this type of thing. It sounds a reasonable argument to me although I sympathise with your frustration!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Macs are generally not sold as upgradable... you can do it but it's very unusual. Therefore this decision will probably affect something like 1% of users.

Also - they probably argue the only way to get such a gorgeous thin box is to do this type of thing. It sounds a reasonable argument to me although I sympathise with your frustration!
        It's actually easier to do than your average laptop. I can see a good few regular purchasers being pretty unhappy with this.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

An alternative point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            He sounds like a petulant kid.

Comment

I guess that it's a lack of choice that people don't like.

Comment

Another alternative point of view.

Comment

It's the fact that it's the evil apple empire that makes me not like it.

Edit: hmm. Just looked at it. Very nice. But why should I care? The technology will be elsewhere sooner or later and I don't look at my screen with a magnifying glass that often.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    He sounds like a petulant kid.
                    Which one?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X