• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Genuine Advantage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Genuine Advantage

What is this cr@p??

M$ loaded it in my last update and it's been trying to get out thru my firewall for the last 2 days....

Any ideas Dim?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Just googled

Yes I know, I'm awake now...

So over and above all the other stuff that's going on this bloody thing is going to run home to Billy boy everytime I turn my machine on...

I really, really hate M$...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Genuine_Advantage
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Ta Francko.

Comment

Think "Billy" is trying to make people actually pay for the O/S software , which does seem fair

The later versions have a pop up box stating that the O/S is a pirate copy , you cant get rid of it its there to embarass companies into buying a genuine version.

Actually there is a rumour that hes down to his last 20 billion so needs must.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
            Yes I know, I'm awake now...

So over and above all the other stuff that's going on this bloody thing is going to run home to Billy boy everytime I turn my machine on...

I really, really hate M$...
            Sounds like you need to upgrade to Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
              What is this cr@p??

M$ loaded it in my last update and it's been trying to get out thru my firewall for the last 2 days....

Any ideas Dim?
              I fell into the same trap
              "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

AFAIK it only stops your machine being updated with patches but will still work normally otherwise. Apparently there are cracks available (took all of 24hrs) but it's up to you if you want to trust them.

Comment

Latest version of Ubuntu Linux was released yesterday. Have a play. Make yourselves feel better:

http://www.ubuntu.com/
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Does this whole thread imply that you are using a pirate version cojak ? Tsk, tsk, tsk - It's people like you .....

Comment

Working...
                    X