• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colleague being ridiculously attentive to Manager - getting Embarrassing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colleague being ridiculously attentive to Manager - getting Embarrassing

Guy near me, who I actually quite like in most respects, always makes a point of asking boss how evening was, has made sure to learn boss's family's names and how things are going in their lives.
    Discussing the project he is managing, fine. But sympathising this the problems the boss is having with his other, unconnected projects?
    Wishing the Boss well as he leaves to go to the Dentist??!!

Nobody else does this.

OK our boss signs his timesheets and will decide whether to extend the consultancy but this sycophancy is embarrassing everyone, including the boss.

Wouldn't annoy me so much if I didn't like him!

Sorry, just had to vent.

Do you like him because he's seems genuinely interested in you as a person, asks after your family etc.?

I think it's called "being human".
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If its not impacting on your work what's the harm, or put another way what's the problem?!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xux42 View Post
        Guy near me, who I actually quite like in most respects, always makes a point of asking boss how evening was, has made sure to learn boss's family's names and how things are going in their lives.
        Discussing the project he is managing, fine. But sympathising this the problems the boss is having with his other, unconnected projects?

Nobody else does this.

OK our boss signs his timesheets and will decide whether to extend the consultancy but this sycophancy is embarrassing everyone, including the boss.

Sorry, just had to vent.
        I have been told that at some consultancy team meetings you have to report back personal information about the team + boss you a working with. Just doing his job!

Not that I would work for one of those "consultancy" again
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by xux42 View Post

Nobody else does this.

Sorry, just had to vent.
          I sense a love triangle developing
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Sounds a right fawning lickspittle. He probably posts on here. I wonder who it could be?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Sounds a right fawning lickspittle. He probably posts on here. I wonder who it could be?
              Probably not me, although everyone enjoys watching a good suck-up, especially when 6 months of sucking up doesn't pay off and the contract doesn't get renewed. Priceless.

Comment

He sounds the polite sort. I am sure he will put in to your leaving kitty when you get canned just after he signed his shiney new contract.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

He is banging the Bosses wife, he is just finding out when the coast is clear and if the wife likes it up the OXO tower?

Or as suggested he actually is polite or actually even likes the boss?

Its standard sales procedure, every great salesman I have met makes a point of knowing about the contacts whole life. Some are just better at making it less obvious.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    He is banging the Bosses wife, he is just finding out when the coast is clear and if the wife likes it up the OXO tower?

Or as suggested he actually is polite or actually even likes the boss?

Its standard sales procedure, every great salesman I have met makes a point of knowing about the contacts whole life. Some are just better at making it less obvious.
                    You can't trust nice people. You never know where you really stand.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X